When I connect to the company VPN and open the browser, the prompt to enter the proxy credentials disappears before I have the chance to enter them. This happens everytime I reload I the page.
Here’s a video illustrating the problem: https://imgur.com/a/y8QZpcz
The pop-up that instantly disappears is this:
I’m on the latest version of Brave [Version 1.36.119 Chromium: 99.0.4844.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)] but this happened with previous versions too.
Have you tried disabling Shields?
Yes, I’ve tried that too, it doesn’t make any difference
Sorry, that is the only suggestion I have at the moment that I thought might work given my limited knowledge surrounding the issue. lol Maybe a community member or support staff can take a look and offer more suggestions.
I don’t know if any of the following actions will actually help solve your issue but you can give it a shot.
- Try clearing history/cache, exiting Brave, and reopening. That frequently seems to solve various user issues for some reason.
- If you have any extensions installed, you can try disabling them to see if an extension might be causing problems.
- Open a private window and see if the issue also occurs there
- Create a new profile and see if it is still occurring in the new profile.
Just curious, do you usually connect using a non-secure connection in other browsers? I am assuming the pop-up displays with no problems using other browsers. Can you check and see if other browsers are connecting using https:// or http://? Also curious if you have
Upgrade connections to HTTPS in
brave://settings/shields enabled? And if you don’t, check to see if enabling that keeps the pop-up displayed. I also don’t know if the
Secure DNS option has any impact but you might try enabling/disabling that separately and see.
Finally, you can try tagging the moderators or sending them a DM. Your DM will go in a queue and they work on them in the order received. With all the recent payout issues, it may take them a while to get to you.
NOTE: your browser is not up to date but it is not the problem.
- Check if Brave offers to save passwords at brave://settings/passwords
- Try to enter proxy settings in Brave proxy brave://settings/?search=proxy
@CerealLover Thanks! I was hoping you would pop in. You seem to know your way around these type issues.
I threw the kitchen sink and still have no idea if any of that could help or not! In my mind, then and now, was worth a shot!
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.