Profiles and cookies/tracking/fingerprinting

Description of the issue:
I feel that in the past (before using profiles) ads were mostly related to searches I did and my overall behaviour. Some time ago, I read somewehere that having multiple profiles could help avoid this tracking, by isolating cookies within browsers.

My question is: Does having multiple profiles for different categories further help Brave to avoid tracking/fingerprinting? (A profile for google-only services, another for Facebook/Instagram, etc.) Or is it completely unnecessary on Brave?

I’m asking this because it’s becoming difficult to manage 5 profiles, each with their passwords, bookmarks and shield settings.

Exact URL of the website in question:

**Did the issue present with [default Shields settings]
Yes. I always use Default Shields.

Brave version (check About Brave):
Version 1.21.77 Chromium: 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

It shouldn’t matter, we’re blocking various 3rd-party cookies/trackers. If you login into gmail or amazon, we will still block some trackers. But no doubt they’ll still able to (internally) monitor your purchasing/searching habits.

I would use private window mode, but not login.

2 Likes

Thanks @fanboynz. It’s good to hear that I can go back to using one profile and still be and feel protected.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.