Profile/Sync/Bat rewards corruptions after hard windows freeze resulting in Missing BAT

Description of the issue:
Profile “reset” settings, several extensions needed repair and desktop browser became unsync’d after a windows freeze and reboot. All the data was still there such as history and bookmarks along with my non verified rewards and I was able to resync it from mobile and it detected it as the same computer however my BAT collected in Jan was reset to zero. Oddly enough it still lists that I viewed a few hundred ads in the month which I will show in a screenshot. It’s was a small amount of BAT less than 2 but still… And would like to understand why this occurred.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
I would imagine it would only be reproducible under when many tabs are open and windows has a hard fault during a memory or cache commit but this is just speculation. Clearly it was some form of corruption. Also interesting was the only extensions that needed repair were from Google. Google Keep, Google translate and one other I cannot recall atm. Also all my extensions were still installed but disabled.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
The only non repairable issue relates to the missing January BAT.

Expected result:
Given I also had several edge and chrome tabs also open and they had no issues after the windows freeze, this issue seems to be related to Brave.
Reproduces how often:
Happened just once
Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 and [
Version 1.34.81 Chromium: 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Additional Information:
As I said this is more a curiosity given the small amount of BAT I lost but still it was a month’s worth of desktop ads and I’d like to know why this occurred.

Just curious, have you received the February 2022 payout? I was wondering if your payout was correct. They were having an issue with estimated/earned BAT not displaying correctly. The payouts were correct though. I think they fixed the problem in one of the recent releases (not sure which one). The current release is version 1.35.103.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.