“Profile Error Occured: Some Features May be Unavailable”

Exactly the same issue as this one - which didn’t seem to get any response from support…

Description of the issue:

When opening the desktop browser, I got a small window notifying me that a profile error had occurred and that some features might be unavailable. Nothing is saved to my browsing history. It wasn’t an issue until an update of Brave was performed via the usual Mint Updater - which hasn’t caused any issues in the past.

1. Start the Brave application, from desktop icon.
  2. Error window appears, titled “Profile Error Occurred”, showing the warning: “Your preferences cannot be read… Some features may be unavailable and changes to preferences won’t be saved.”
    3: Close the windoe and the browser appears to work, but not changes to preferences are saved.

Expected result:
That this warning DOESN’T appear, obviously!

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.16.76 Chromium: 86.0.4240.198 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Hello @mingle

try to close brave and make sure it does not work on the background then start brave using this flag

–user-data-dir=“write a temp path here”

replace “write a temp path here” with the path to any temporary path which will be used as a profile folder

it will start brave as if it new profile then close brave again and start brave normally and see if it corrected your old profile or not

hope that help and have a nice day

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.