Problems with Brave Rewards wallet (and profile)

My profile became partially corrupted yesterday or the day before. Both my Brave Rewards wallet and Brave Sync aren’t working properly. I’m using Version 1.17.75 Chromium: 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10.

In Brave Rewards, it now says " Uh oh! The Brave Rewards server is not responding. We will fix this as soon as possible." It no longer shows my balance, which was over 400 BAT, though I can see monthly statements for February 2020 through December 2020, though the December statement is empty. The pending rewards currently show 1.050 BAT, with 69 ads received this month, and the next payment date as Jan 5. I’m still getting Brave Ads. My wallet isn’t verified with Uphold because I’m a New York State resident.

I created a new profile and used my wallet recovery key (because the new profile had no trouble contacting the rewards server.) It immediately allowed me to claim my December reward of slightly over 13 BAT, which was never available in my original profile. The balance was slightly more than that reward claim, so it didn’t include the over 400 BAT I had before. I mistakenly deleted that new profile, and created another new one, and recovered my wallet again, which then only had a balance of slightly over 1 BAT, so it didn’t include the December reward claim.

At or around the same time this happened, Brave Sync stopped working. It shows my synced devices, including this computer twice. I tried leaving the sync chain. That only removed the old entry for this computer that was last active on Dec 4, not the current one for “This Device”, which doesn’t actually work.

I upgraded to Version 1.18.70. My balance of over 400 BAT now shows up. The Brave Rewards icon no longer appears at the right side of the address bar. Also, instead of the recovery key, it says “The funds in your Brave wallet are virtual and not required to backup. It’s available for you to spend exclusively on this browser.”

I created a new profile again and used the original recovery key. It again shows slightly over 1 BAT, like before, without the December 5 reward claim. In this profile, the Brave Rewards icon does appear at the right side of the address bar, and Brave Rewards settings, it does show the recovery key (that I entered previously on that profile.)

In the original profile, Brave Sync still doesn’t work, and I still can’t leave the sync chain. One other thing is that the sync key it shows doesn’t match the one shown on my other devices, which do seem to be syncing with each other. The sync key shown seems to change every time I open the Sync settings page. It seemed to be doing the same thing with the previous version, 1.17.75, so this isn’t new.

Upgrading to Version 1.18.75 from 1.18.70 had no effect on any of my problems. The recovery key still seems to be disconnected from my Brave wallet, so I have no way to back it up, and Brave Sync still doesn’t work with the profile.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.