Problem with saving downloads

On the Macintosh . . .

In preferences I have changed “Same my downloads here” to the Desktop. I have checked “Always ask me where to save files.”

When I control-click on an image, I am presented with the standard Mac dialogue box – however, it is always located at the folder “Downloads” rather than the Desktop. This is also true when I use the "Save Page as . . " command under File.

My expectation is that it should offer me up the Desktop folder.

Hi @mbabco! It looks like other users have had this error as well. The issue has been logged and is currently being worked on by the team for upcoming releases. You can track the progress here: https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/13570

Thank you for reaching out :slight_smile:

@Mattches, this bug also occurs on my Windows 10 laptop.

============================================================

Brave: 0.23.19
V8: 6.7.288.46
rev: 178c3fbc045a0cbdbe098db08307503cce952081
Muon: 7.1.3
OS Release: 10.0.17134
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Tor: 0.3.3.7 (git-035a35178c92da94)
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 67.0.3396.87

============================================================

helo, yes even i am having this issue
when I download pictures I wish to save, they are only saved as a generic ‘file’. They aren’t listed as JPEG, PNG or even .GIF. They also don’t show any thumbnail of the picture when I look through my pictures folder. I would say that is one of my biggest issues. I save many pictures and I can’t quickly look through them when they do not display any picture. The various images I’ve saved on chrome still show the little thumbnail picture of what they are, but the recent ones from Brave are just blank

VidMate AnyDesk https://mobdro.onl/

It is one of the biggest issues to be honest. Getting a generic file instead of a GIF, JPEG, or PNG. Maybe a bug with the extension facing in the brave browser. Lets wait for the latest update, maybe hoping to get a fix.

Hell, yes maybe this is one of the issue in the brave browser. We will soob be getting an update. Let’s be patient till then

I am facing the same. Whenever i try to save pictures, they are not saved as a PNG, JPEG, or JPG but as generic. Waiting for an update with a fix for this issue. As said above they are working on it. Cheers :slight_smile:

Well, they are working on it. Lets wait for the fix

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.