Problem verifying my wallet "Try again when you're done verifying your ID in Uphold"

Briefly describe your issue:
I cannot verify my wallet hence I cannot get my BATs out. Every time I try to verify it from my laptop’s I get the error message that I should verify my ID in Uphold. I contacted them and they told me my account is verified already, I contacted globalid (I created my Uphold account using my GlobalID account) and they also told me my account is certainly verified. I looked here but I saw the same problem with no solution. This problem also appears on my phone, but I don’t get the error message there, it just doesn’t verify it at all. Lastly, if I check my reward-internals, in the logs it says I’m missing a KYC nonetheless, as I stated earlier, the Uphold and GlobalID staff told me my account is verified already.
Here are the screenshots:
globalid

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows 10, Version 1.37.116 Chromium: 100.0.4896.127 (Build oficial) (64 bits)
(https://brave.com/latest/)
Android 11, version 1.36.122, Chromium 99.0.4844.88
Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
No, it isn’t.
What date did you verify your wallet?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
As BATs? Yes, I have.
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No, I’m not.
Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes, I am.
Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes, it does.
Have you fully completed Uphold’s CDD requirements?
Yes, I have.

Hi, @Arialita - not sure if this will help in your case but I have also seen similar posts in the forum and think the issue was experienced by people using the uphold app. Let me root around and see if I can find the solution I came across in case its helpful to you. BRB! :slight_smile:

Here you go, hope it helps: On android when i try to verify wallet it says "Something went wrong. Please try again." on uphold

I tried it already but it didn’t work, one thing tho, I don’t see the verificatoin date,
despite telling this to the Uphold staff, they continued telling me my account is verified, so today (after I posted here on Brave) I asked them directly if I’m supposed to see the verification date or not, they still didn’t answer.

Do you use the Uphold app and if you do, did you try this:

Sadly, I tried this one too :confused: It didn’t work either, after the authorization it takes me back to the wallet as if nothing happened

I saw step-by-step instructions with screenshots from someone with similar problems yesterday and only wish I could find it back now in case it helps you. Sorry it didn’t help, but tagging @steeven and @Mattches who work for Brave, and can likely help you work this out. Hope you get sorted. :slight_smile:

@Arialita Hi and welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face:

The message you are receiving is an known issue for some users. There is a Brave GitHub issue report open: Update “pending” text inside Rewards panel (“Please complete identity verification in order to start receiving Rewards”). It looks like it is currently released in Nightly. The moderators may can check status as it hasn’t moved in a while.

I pasted the updated text relating to the issue below. I do not know if this message is appearing because Brave does not recognize your account as verified or what other instances can trigger this message. Hopefully, the moderators can shed some light on that too!

You should have a verified date in your Uphold account if you are verified. I do not know if Brave specifically checks this date, but users who don’t have it aren’t able to connect as far as I know. Have you tried opening a support request directly with Uphold and asking why you do not have a date? Again, maybe the mods here can let you know if there has to be a date there or not.

The other thing that poses problems is not having your Uphold Profile information accurate and complete. Since you followed the link @Thrive posted, you probably confirmed your information already, but you might want to check again. I am reposting the information about the two points I mentioned below for reference.

1. Make sure your account is verified at Uphold. Go to your profile page and there should be a verified date at the bottom.
    Example: Screenshot of a Verified Profile at Uphold
    Can’t verify and authorize the wallet, can’t connect Brave to Uphold - #2 by Impoiler
  2. Make sure all your personal information in your Uphold account is accurate and complete. For example, Uphold will verify your account with an incomplete address, but Brave needs your full address, including street number, street, city, etc.

Sorry for jumping in here and basically repeating information @Thrive already provided via links. If clearing history/cache and restarting didn’t work either, maybe the moderators will have more suggestions and/or provide more information about the message and the date. I mostly just wanted to share the information about the GitHub issue report and ended up going overboard! Sheesh.

1 Like

Hi! I haven’t got the verification date on my account, I asked the Uphold staff and they answered that due to privacy and security reasons not every user has it shown. I’ll insist again.
And I found that post also but I’m having a hard time understanding that website hehe.

And lastly, yes I made sure that I have my account verified, they confirmed me (Uphold and globalid). What I didn’t try is enabling all cookies in the globalid website when I try to link my uphold account, I’ll try now and update this reply.

lol You are one of many, including me!

I don’t know anything about GlobalID and not sure what it has to do with connecting to your Uphold account. Can you close, disable, not use, or whatever GlobalID, clear history/cache, restart browser, and try connecting just between Brave and Uphold (not through the Uphold app, through the website)?

@Chocoholic

@Arialita Do you have a regular email and password you can use with Uphold instead of using Global ID to log in, just for the purpose of getting your Brave wallet connected? Perhaps @Chocoholic is right and Global ID is kinda messing things up because Brave doesn’t recognise it (speculating at this point). Only on other posts, I haven’t seen anyone mention Global ID so perhaps by not using (a) the Uphold app; and (b) Global ID in the process you might get connected?

1 Like

@Thrive Ah, thank-you! Don’t want to go off topic, but does everyone who uses Uphold also use this feature? Just curious why it isn’t mentioned. If it is a universal feature that everyone is using, seems like the name would pop up when reporting an issue. Maybe it does and I just zone out when I see it! lol

@Chocoholic No, Global ID is optional, I log in the regular way with 2FA, etc.

Hmmmm, now I’m wondering if this may be the problem in this instance… will be interesting to see how this progresses!

1 Like

Fingers crossed. @Arialita, might be an idea to clear cache and cookies before trying again.

One way to create an Uphold account is by using GlobalID, they’re supposedly affiliated, in fact when I had this problem, the Uphold staff sent me with the GlobalID staff throught the same e-mail chains so I didn’t need to contact them, I also considered this posibility and I’m currently trying to delete my uphold acocunt and create a new one with email (when I first tried I didn’t get the sms verification code, that’s why I used globalID which worked), as soon as I see if it works or not I’ll let you guys know!

2 Likes

Not really, because you log in into your Uphold account through the globalID app, and since I’ve read that you should delete the uphold app to verify your wallet with no problem, i considered that option too. Sadly you can’t log in in your globalID from a browser. And I don’t know if it’s common but Uphold allows you to create an account like that so it’s legal, as far as I know.

Oh lordy, I hope this doesn’t cause new problems! You can’t just unlink, disable, or opt out of GlobalID? I would get with Uphold support and see about doing that…

Edit: This reminds me of another workaround that recently popped up. I had never seen it before. I’m wondering now if this relates… @Arialita might want to look it over and see if you have this option.

I can’t help but think that Global ID might still be the issue :slight_smile: Just came across another post with the same problem: Brave not verified when using Uphold via Global ID invited to join us over here. Perhaps between us we can work it out! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

For example, Uphold will verify your account with an incomplete address, but Brave needs your full address, including street number, street, city, etc.

This is what worked for me and finally solved the issue. Thanks

2 Likes