Problem tagging people on Facebook

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Newbie Alert!

Description of the issue:
If, using the mobile app for Brave, I try to tag someone on Facebook, eg, “John doe”, the page will highlight his name as expected, until I hit the spacebar after “doe”. “John doe” then immediately turns into “John dodoe” and the tag is lost. It is a consistent pattern, with any name, the first two letters of the second name are repeated. This does not happen on my Brave desktop browser.

How can this issue be reproduced? - see above.

Otherwise sorry, you tell me. I don’t know if this is a Brave, farcebook or android issue - I’m just looking for a starting point…

Expected result:

Brave Version - android version 1.18.77

Mobile Device details - OnePlus 6T, model no. A6013, android 10, oxygenOS v.10.3.7

As far as I understand, my OS and Brave app are both up to date. Problem is very specific eg, this phone, doing this specific thing on this specific website; I have no other issues whatsoever. TIA

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.