Problem solved - please remove post!

I would like to install an extension for an application called Focus. the website for Focus gave a method of installing the extension.

it says:

To install the extension in other browsers requires a bit more work—the browser must support WebExtensions. Many browsers like Brave support this standard. Visit the Focus extension releases and download the latest extension zip file (should be named similar to focus-extension-x.x.x.zip ).

In the extensions panel, click Load unpacked extensions (you may have to enable Developer mode first) and select the Focus extension folder. Focus will now be installed.

I tried doing this, making sure to go into developer mode, and I got this error message:

WebSocket connection to ‘ws://localhost:8917/Chrome’ failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

also “Context”:

_generated_background_page.html

and “Stack Trace”:

reconnecting-websocket.js:88 (doconnect)

it spat out a lengthy description of what went wrong that I found hard to reproduce.

using: Version 0.60.45 Chromium: 72.0.3626.109 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Hi, the post is probably not deleted so that others can find and follow the problem and its solution.

On the topic solution, could you still “leave” yours here? Thanks :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.