Private Window Maintains Google Login After Closing Window & Clearing ALL Data

Description of the issue:
Google login info that was saved in private window even after closing the window and clearing all data, from all time.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Opened private window
  2. Logged into google account, then signed out of account.
  3. Closed private window
  4. Cleared browsing data: advanced, all time, all boxed checked
  5. Opened new private window, went to google.com, and clicked “Sign In”
  6. It presented me with the option to log back into my existing account, having saved my account in the browser.

Expected result:
I expected that when i opened a new private window after clearing all my data, that my login profile would have been forgotten by the browser.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.21.73 Chromium: 89.0.4389.72 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Additional Information:
I tested opening a normal (non-private) window and it did not have my login profile saved, ye the private window did.

I see in your help section it says “Note that some cookies and site data may be saved for the session , but will not be remembered when the browser is closed.” Is that what i am running into here? If so, I have to say that there’s a really false sense of security when you a) use a “private window” and then go the extra step of “clearing” “all data” from “all time”, only to find that google (of all the offenders) is still there, persisting, in your face. Can you please explain why this is the case?! And, what can be done to fix it?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.