Private data is Not deleted when I quit Brave Browser

Description of the issue:
Wenn I quit Brave Browser my private data is Not deleted (maybe not totally deleted) I See this issue many Times in the forum but cannot find the solution

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
(in german) Menü - Beenden.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

New Start. Menü - Einstellungen - Datenschutz - Browserdaten löschen.
The are still more Cookies and Cache then nesessary for the Start Page.

Expected result:

No more Private Data except for those I allow.

Reproduces how often:

Always

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Android 6.0 , Brave 1.3.2

Additional Information:

Thanks for reporting @Mtriebler.
Can you tell me from where you see there’s still some data that not deleted? Tried on my end and it seems work properly.

Also, you may want to update your Brave. v1.4.0 is released a few days ago. :grin:

Hi, heres the resilt in Screenshot 1 (before closing Brave) and Screenshot 2 after New start.!

Mtriebler

Thanks for the screenshot, @Mtriebler.

When you clear browser data, did you choose “All time” for the time range?

When you clear data make sure you select data from all time. Default setting is for last one hour. so if you dont change it will only delete data from one hour and retain older data.

Hi.

I already understood. But that’s not my problem.

I expected Brave browser to delete private data (as I selected, for example cookies and cache) automatically when I quit the Browser… Doesn’t it ???

mtriebler

Ah, got it! :ok_hand: That settings is to clear selected browser data manually.

“Clear browser data on exit” like the one on desktop version is not available for Android yet. So you need to do it manually.

Thanks

1 Like

This feature is not avialable. We have an open issue for this. I’ve added a +1 on your behalf. Please use the issue to track progress. Closing the thread for now

1 Like