Privacy policy: law enforcement and data deletion

Hi,
I just read brave privacy policy and it does not specify how brave handle law enforcement requests. Even if brave minimizes data collection, it knows IP address, device model, OS version, language, timezone, CPU architecture, carrier, connection status and even feedback comment depend on which features are used/enabled.
Moreover, personal data deletion is not automated and rely on support efficiency.
Thank you

1 Like

What are you asking, what do u wanna know, what is this post supposed to mean. You’ve just stated facts. Is there anything you want to ask? Like what is the data policies followed by brave, if law enforcement asks for data? Your post is totally vague.

1 Like

Brave should address these two points. How can I contact brave support in order to propose such change? Via github? Email?
According to GDPR, the data deletion should be automatic (auto delete of not necessary data by default). Moreover, the privacy policy should specify how brave behaves in case of law enforcement request to access user data (always or never satisfied, only in case of court order, etc.).

Why not here, why github or anywhere else. Just make a post here suggesting them to add whatever you want them to. This forum was made for the purpose of suggesting stuff and requesting feautures. The brave support team is active on this platform and will come across your post sooner or later.

1 Like

Ok. I think that I already made my requests:

1. Brave should provide an automatic way to delete user data (auto delete feature) and it should list it on its privacy policy.
  2. Brave privacy policy should specify how brave behaves in case of law enforcement request to access user data (always or never satisfied, only in case of court order, etc.).

If brave want to address such issues it has the necessary knowledge.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.