Printing unprintable websites like this one

Hi,

I have been trying to print the following print-disabled web page with my Brave browser but I can’t. However, I can do it with Chrome but then again I don’t want to install Chrome which is a massive spy tool. Can somebody help me with this issue?

Thanks
EWM2022

Thanks for reporting @EWM2022. What Brave version and OS are you using?

Brave Version 1.42.95 Chromium: 104.0.5112.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Thanks, I can’t find the PDF on the website. Is it a specific one? Trying to re-produce on my end. I’m probably just missing it.

I am trying to print the above unprintable web page and save it to PDF using my Brave browser. Can you help me with this issue?

Hi @EWM2022, it took a minute for the website images to fully load but I was able to save and print. Can you try updating to the latest version 1.42.97?

I have Brave version 142.97 now. Sorry, I’m still getting the same message “Print preview disabled on this page”. So, I still can’t print this webpage to PDF! Any settings I have to change on my browser?

Which method did you use? I just decided to visit and try. Unfortunately, I’m experiencing the same issues as @EWM2022

Originally I had Shields on and it was always telling me pictures were still loading, cancel print and try again. I increased the Shields settings and it seemed to have made it worse. So then I finally turned off Shields and it loaded everything immediately. Not sure what the difference is, but what it was stuck “loading” was nothing…just little blue stars in the comments which existed either way. So guessing just was them trying to get cookies or trackers on device. Those look like

Anyway, in all situations, when I went to print (Control P and then later clicked on page and chose Print), it always showed:

Then I tried to right click and Save As on the page with Shields up and it downloaded a bunch of stuff, but the page didn’t come out in format.

What I will point out though is when I had Shields off and I tried to right click, it wouldn’t let me do anything. It appeared with these messages/alerts on the screen:

Human Trafficking In South Africa – August 16, 2022 – The Master's Voice - Brave 8_29_2022 10_57_03 AM

Human Trafficking In South Africa – August 16, 2022 – The Master's Voice - Brave 8_29_2022 10_56_07 AM

Test: win10, Brave 1.42.97

1. Could print article in Speedreader mode
  2. Could not print article with Speedreader diasabled.
1 Like

Awesome, nice find. I never use speedreader and wouldn’t have thought of that. @EWM2022 you should give that a test. Go to brave://settings/appearance and enable Speedreader. Then go back to the site and it will print. The format will be slightly different, but seems to be all the same content overall.

Thanks for the tip - it works. But the printout is still not as good as Chrome does, read this article: https://dave.moskovitz.co.nz/2018/03/26/printing-unprintable-websites-like-the-nbr/

I am pretty sure the Brave crew can easily fix this problem and even do a better job than Chrome!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.