Printing PDF on macOS – PDF changes cannot be saved

Description of the issue:
When printing a random webpage to PDF format (under macOS), the resulting PDF cannot be edited and saved by macOS Preview application. Only the first modification of the PDF is saved.
This only happens with PDF generated by Brave > Print page.
However, in the Print dialog, if I choose “More Settings > Open PDF with Preview”, the PDF file can be edited and the changes are successfully saved.
I have tried and confirmed the issue under different setups: via the main profile, using a secondary profile, using a Guest profile, in a normal window, in an Incognito window, in a different macOS account… The result is always the same.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. For example: Go to https://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/enterprisevaluesales.asp
  2. Cmd + P to print, Print as PDF, paper A4 or Letter, Print Background Graphics, All Pages and Save the PDF file.
  3. Open the PDF with macOS Preview. Do an editing (highlight, for instance.) Save the file (Cmd + S). Then, with the file still open, do another edit and Save again. The subsequent edits will not be saved anymore.

Expected result:
The PDF would have to open normally, be edited and saved by macOS Preview.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.8.96 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
macOS v 10.15.4

Additional information:

I tried to isolate the problem and have concluded (so far) that the problem only comes when printing web pages that contain links.

Examples:

As stated above, this only happens if I choose “Print > Save as PDF > Save”.
If instead I choose “Print > Save as PDF > More Settings > Open PDF in Preview”, it works normally afterwards.

Any ideas? Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.