Preview Image of Webpage by Hovering over Tab

Believe it or not, Brave used to actually have this feature, but for some reason unknown to me they removed it! I enjoyed being able to preview a tab before actually clicking on it, especially because I usually have a bunch of tabs open at once and sometimes many of them are from the same website.

I sure I’m not the only one who benefited from this feature, as most individuals usually have multiple tabs open at once too, and many-a-times they’re simply different webpages from the same website. This feature made it much easier to navigate multiple webpages while multitasking within the browser!

If this feature can’t be brought back for some reason, can someone please explain why it was removed in the first place! Thank you!

Edit: I found the solution for those of you who are interested. In the Brave browser settings under “Appearance” (i.e. brave://settings/appearance), scroll down to “Tab hover mode” and select “Card with preview” from the drop down menu. Now whenever you hover over a tab you will see a visual preview of what’s on that webpage before clicking on it.

It would be nice to have; I know Opera does this very nicely.

1 Like

I’ve seen it implemented on some of the new versions of Google Chrome too! We can’t let the competition get ahead of us like this!

Update: I found the solution for those of you who are interested. In the Brave browser settings under “Appearance” (i.e. brave://settings/appearance), scroll down to “Tab hover mode” and select “Card with preview” from the drop down menu. Now whenever you hover over a tab you will see a visual preview of what’s on that webpage before clicking on it.

1 Like

Brave’s “Card with preview” feature is slow compared to other Chromium browsers. It takes seconds to load the image, where other browsers it appears instantly.

Request: Please make Brave’s “Card with preview” feature show the images instantly.

Good suggestion! I would add that while hovering over a browser tab that is currently playing video should display, in picture-in-picture, the live video feed as it’s occurring.

You should make a separate post about this so that your request can be seen!