Prev / next tab keyboard shortcuts are broken

The page at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032272171-What-keyboard-shortcuts-can-I-use-in-Brave- lists two keyboard shortcuts, but these shortcuts don’t work as documented:

action shortcut
Jump to the next open tab Ctrl + Tab or Ctrl + PgDn
Jump to the previous open tab Ctrl + Shift + Tab or Ctrl + PgUp

As far as I can tell, the implemented functionality is actually:

action shortcut
Randomly jump to a tab you haven’t used in ages, with no way to tell in advance what tab that is and which is almost certainly not the tab that you want Ctrl + Shift + Tab or Ctrl + PgUp
Go back to the tab you were at most recently, unless you happened to just press Ctrl + PgUp, in which case this is “omg what the hell did CTRL-Pgdn just do and why is it not like every other tabbed application in existence? fix it!, and then break the CTRL-pgdn functionality because now the most recent tab is some random tab that I almost certainly didn’t want to switch to” Ctrl + Tab or Ctrl + PgDn

While I agree that “Go back to the tab you were at most recently” is a useful shortcut to have (e.g it would be very useful for switching back and forth between two tabs), this functionality definitely should not be assigned to the keyboard shortcut that virtually every other tabbed application uses for ‘next tab’. I’d suggest CTRL-tilde for this shortcut, that would seem natural to me.

<rant>While I’m griping, I’d also like to take a moment to congratulate the authors of the “Jump to a specific tab with Ctrl + 1 through Ctrl + 8” feature for their well-thought-out approach that manages to use up an entire row of shortcut keys and which is definitely not totally unusable and pointless for someone with 147 tabs open. </rant>

(to be fair, ctrl-9 is a good shortcut. A corresponding ctrl-1 would also be great)