Pressing "Create Wallet" button, nothing happens

bug

Go into “payments” settings, enable payments, click on “Create Wallet”, nothing happens. That’s it. Thanks.

Version info:

Brave: 0.22.810
V8: 6.7.288.43
rev: 8f30eeba0c2d6cccf1920a360b4774f820adbc58
Muon: 7.0.6
OS Release: 16.7.0
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: macOS
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 67.0.3396.71

Hi @markjr

Is this still happening for you?

Lauren

Hi Lauren, yes it is still happening. It seems as if Brave is not saving any updates I make to my settings between sessions. I keep setting my password manager but it always displays as brave, I have set it as my default browser but it says “Brave is not your default browser”.

@markjr

When you go to Preferences > Security, are you clearing any Private Data on Browser close?

Lauren

No, I have all of those disabled.

@markjr

Could you try this whenever you have some time:
Go to Preferences > Payments
Disable Payments.
Close Brave.
Navigate to your Brave profile folder (located at ~/Library/Application Support/brave)
Rename your ledger-state.json file to something else like frozen-ledger-state.json
You can close your profile folder now.
Open up a terminal and copy/paste this into the terminal (assuming you have the default install location for Brave) and hit return:
LEDGER_VERBOSE=true /Applications/Brave.app/Contents/MacOS/Brave
Brave will launch.
Go to Preferences > Payments
Enable Payments and wait a minute or two.
You shouldn’t have to click on anything, the wallet should create automatically. The create button should become an ‘Add funds…’ button.

If this last step doesn’t happen, could you copy/paste what appears in the terminal either here or in a direct message to me if you’d prefer. Your initial issue sounds like the wallet creation is stuck, and can’t get unstuck. By renaming the previous ledger-state.json file, we’re attempting to force the creation of a new one.

I still have to look and try to reproduce your other two issues.

Lauren

HI Lauren, this worked thank you. It seems to have fixed the other issued, all my settings are showing up now.

Thanks @markjr for trying that out. Not sure how the wallet creation got stuck, but glad it seems to be sorted out now. I’m going to close out this thread, but please do open new ones for any other issues/questions.

Also, one last item, now that you’ve got a wallet created don’t forget to back it up :slight_smile: You do this by going to the Payments page > click on the gear icon > click on Backup wallet. Follow the instructions from there. Keep these backup words in a safe place so that in case of computer crash, loss, etc you can recover your Brave wallet and any BAT in it.

Best,
Lauren