Predictive Text Does Not Show Emojis in iOS Browser

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
While using any text box in Brave Browser, Predictive Text does not show emojis whatsoever. Emojis can only be entered by opening the emoji keyboard.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open brave browser.
  2. Go to any website that has a text box where predictive text is permitted. You may even test it while replying to this post.
  3. Type in any keywords you know that normally result in emojis appearing in the third Predictive Text button. A few examples include ‘hug’, ‘happy’, ‘sad’, ‘heart’, ‘[color] heart’, ‘wave’, etc.
  4. The third box will either contain a text prediction or just be outright empty. No emoji will be present.

Expected result:
1-3 emojis should appear in the third Predictive Text box for you to insert once you type in a valid keyword.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.56 (23.8.4.21)

Mobile Device details
iPad Mini 5, iPadOS 16.6

Additional Information:
I recorded a video demonstrating this issue. First, I am attempting to insert emojis in a text box in the Brave Browser, then I switch to the YouTube app to demonstrate what is supposed to happen. Link is here: https://youtu.be/UYYOx8kc0xQ?si=3MysDR0e-pzn8RbB

UPDATE: I have since updated my browser to version 1.60 (23.11.27.60) and my iPad to iPadOS 16.7.2, and the bug is still persisting. I am still unable to use autofill to quickly insert emojis in Brave Browser.

UPDATE 2: This issue is still persisting in iPadOS 17.2 on browser version 1.61 (23.12.18.22).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.