Pop up warnings browser out of date

hi, fairly new to brave, i use the click&clean extension as i like to whitelist some sites and just like to flush when i close up at the end of the day, I realise i can flush via brave but you lose all your cookies and or logins.
the problem I’ve been having for a couple of weeks is i get quite a number of via hotcleaner.com this address https://www.hotcleaner.com/security-checkup-chrome-version.html (which is click&clean i believe) telling me chrome is out of date, i check via the browser it is up to date.
is this a virus or conflict of some sort, i still have chrome on my laptop but don’t use it very often, just keep it updated.
any advice please.
thanks.

What is your Brave version?

hi eljuno, thanks for reply.
brave version is 1.9.80
browser was updated last evening after i checked directly from “about brave” to [Version 1.9.80 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit).
im still getting warnings when ive booted up today, the warnings vary in appearance, there is 3 or 4 different warnings, all appear to be genuine hot cleaner warnings.
budsa.

Ah! Got it. It’s showing the Chromiums version is “outdated”. No need to worry about that. The latest version of Chromium will be available with Brave 1.10.x release.

I thought your Brave is the one that’s “outdated” and showing the message.

i’ll just ignore it then.
thanks again for the help.