Polish ING Bank website slow during login process (only on Brave)

Description of the issue:

The login process get stuck few times for few seconds. I take up to 10 seconds to load a username field, and then up to 10 seconds to load a password page. You can easily try it yourself by going to https://login.ingbank.pl/mojeing/app/#login and waiting for a login text field to show.

It happens on my Windows 11 PC and Ubuntu 20.04 laptop. I have shield and uBlock Origing disabled for the site. It does not happen on Firefox or Chrome.

**Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Go to: https://login.ingbank.pl/mojeing/app/#login
  2. Wait for a login field to load:
  3. Loaded field looks like this

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

It takes up to 10 seconds for a field to load.

Expected result:

It should take a second or less to load the field visible on the second screenshot.

Reproduces how often:

Always

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Ubuntu 20.04 and Windows 11
Version 1.40.109 Chromium: 103.0.5060.66 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

The issue was first described here Polish ING banking website unresponsive

@ArkadiuszN

I just updated the suggested (possible) fix / settings (that I wrote back in Feb. 2022) for

’ Polish ING banking website unresponsive’

–

There is more time, for the Login window to display.

There is a Google prompt that I cancel:

Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 5.10.00 AM

Because I do not want Google involved.

–

Reading material:

–

I have followed your guide, but it did not help. With those settings, I did some testing:

1. No extra logs in console in Brave compared to Chrome.
  2. Network tab does not show anything loading too long in Brave, but there is clearly a gap visible in waterfall in Brave and not in Chrome. This means that Brave is getting unresponsive for this period, and I can also confirm it by click right-clicking the page: nothing happens in Brave.
  3. Performance tab shows more:

…but I am not skilled enough to extract any useful conlusions from it. Here’s a profile that you can load in performance tab:

Does adding ||ingbank.pl/mojeing/bs/xx.js and/or adding ||ingbank.pl/mojeing/app/assets/js/vendor/bb/$script into brave://adblock help? (guessing here). Does it cause any issues also.

1 Like

WOW! Adding ||ingbank.pl/mojeing/bs/xx.js actually helped. What does it mean?
Is this a problem with a source code of the website? Why does it OK work on other browsers?

This is a result in console:

1 Like

Can you browse the site (while logged in), does it cause any issues. Making payments, transfering payments, viewing accounts etc.

So far, all good. Did some browsing, search history and transfers. Will update here if I will find any problems.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.