Pointer focus gets lost or switched behind my back

I lose pointer focus from my current window when another open window page refreshes itself. This only started occurring about 4-6 weeks ago. Brave has had a couple updates since then that did not fix it. (I was not able to submit a help request until now.)
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open a webpage of a website that auto-refreshes itself sporadically ( – I think the refresh occurs when the blog owners post a new topic). The website I have long used, with no pointer-focus problem in Brave UNTIL approximately early November, is:
    https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/

2. Open another window and browse, read, & type in it, as normal user.

3. At some point, notice that you can no longer control the pointer. The “pointer focus” has LEFT the window I was working in, and seems to be LOST.
    Through experimenting: I found that by going to the “auto-refreshing” window (-- in my example: instapundit) , and clicking inside it, the pointer focus is set, and then I can go back to the window I was working in, click there, & continue.
    This repeatedly happens, whenever “instapundit” blog is refreshed. Very frustrating! I have no way to turn off “auto-refresh” at “instapundit” that I know of. This did NOT use to create a problem for Brave, though.

Expected result:
I should NOT ever lose focus. I should NOT need to reset focus in the “auto-refreshing” window. This was not a problem weeks ago.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.17.75 Chromium 87.0.4280.88 (64-bit)

Thanks for any help!
Rhonda

Additional Information:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.