Please provide us a way to withdraw rewards WITHOUT the need of uphold and gemini

Please provide us a way to withdraw rewards WITHOUT the need of uphold and gemini.
After all, Brave browser is supposed to respect privacy but by using these companies it does exactly the opposite!
This is not my full message, my message is being hidden…

Unfortunately, if Brave were to offer you a way to withdraw the rewards without using these third parties, then they also would be opposed to respecting your privacy.

How, you ask? Because to be able to do so, Brave needs to implement a host of KYC (Know Your Client) and AML (Anti Money Laundering) policies. This would require you to submit information about who you are and prove your identity, and for Brave to report on all of that to the government.

This is why Brave partners with these 3rd parties, and why Brave will never allow you to directly withdraw funds.

And If what you are saying is true, why do you hide my message? Can I paste all my message?

Please provide us a way to withdraw rewards WITHOUT the need of uphold and gemini.
After all, Brave browser is supposed to respect privacy but by using these companies it does exactly the opposite!

These companies, With the excuse of identity verification, share our ID’s, Passports etc, with third party companies.
For the second time within two years, they asked me to identify myself AGAIN by using the website veriff.com. Unfortunately i did it. What the hell is this website ??? Just visit it!
It is something like a spy network, that collects PEOPLE’S SENSITIVE PRIVATE DATA AND ID’S.
There is always the possibility, that our documents (ids , passports, etc), that these companies collect, are going to end up in some king of forgery, falsification and more. No one can assure us about the opposite and about what happens to these documents.
They don’t even mind to reply to our messages !
And in the first place, who forced us to use uphold ? Who is responsible for that? Brave is responsible for that, that is supposed to respect privacy.
So I only see 2 possibilities here:

1. Brave will provide us an alternative way to directly withdraw the awards to a wallet, without the need of these scam companies.
  2. Brave will eventually die bravely because users will stop using it…

The choice is yours…

P.S.
If I have to choose between cookie tracking and ID, passpord sharing/counterfeit, I choose cookie tracking.

And instead of brave doing so, these companies do the exact same thing … And who proposes these companies? Brave …

Also the only crypto that would be needed to hold on a brave wallet would be BAT from the Brave rewards, which has nothing to do with Anti Money Laundering…

And to close this, before I uninstall all Brave browsers from my devices.
What you are claiming is not true. I am not saying that brave should have an exchange / trading website, just give the ability to withdraw the brave rewords to an external address.

You

What I am saying IS true. I’m not affiliated with Brave in any way, I’m just a user of Brave who recently discovered these forums. But I work in the financial industry in the US. I know how government regulations work.

And if you still think I’m not telling the truth, then check out this FAQ, specifically the item “Can I get my BAT from Brave Rewards in my Brave Wallet?”

Brave is based in the US, and as such, needs to follow US laws. And Finance is a very heavily regulated industry in the US.

You can of course turn off rewards entirely and continue to use Brave without them. Or you can uninstall Brave entirely, as you mentioned, if that’s what you prefer. Your choice.

I never said that you lie, You are just saying what you think the truth is.
Let me ask you 4 things.

1. Do you thing that there is possibility for the following?
    “There is always the possibility, that our documents (ids , passports, etc), that these companies collect, are going to end up in some kind of forgery, falsification and more.”
  2. What about the cryptocurrency clients/wallets , mining pools . Do they ask you for your ID or passport ? Do you believe that none of them was made by US citizens?
  3. Doesn’t decentralized cryptocurrency philosophy come to antithesis (contradiction) with what Brave does? Why they don’t just use USD or EURO?

I am an EU citizen, I am aware of the Anti money Laundering policy at least in Europe, but just because it is called that way, does not mean that it was created for that purpose. They do not like the decentralized cryptocurrency philosophy that are not able to be controlled by the banks. They loose money. And of course money laundering exists, with or without crypto. I am also aware of government excuses :slight_smile:

But think about it. I am not a criminal and I have nothing to hide. My uphold account was not compromised. Uphold said that my account is “under investigation”… !*???
The only money that this account have seen, is brave rewards.
It has 11 BAT :). That’s all and is under investigation … I asked them why is that and they are not answering me! That goes beyond me!
4. So what do you think. Am I Laundering 11 BAT ??? :slight_smile:

Anyway, There are always alternative ways of thinking, doing thinks, and be within the government policies …

Have a nice day/night,
Γαιο Nαύς.

Let me start by saying that just because I’m telling you the reasons why Brave cannot (and will not) implement a system by which you can directly withdraw (which means convert the crypto to fiat currency of some form), I’m not saying I agree with it, nor do I think it’s right. Politically, I’m an anarchist. I tend to think government regulations, and interference, by and large sucks. But that’s for an entirely different conversation.

Do I think it’s possible the information you share with these third parties can be compromised? Absolutely. That’s why it’s best to avoid these sorts of things if at all possible. Where it’s not possible, you need to weigh out the potential risks/rewards. Are a few dollars a month in potential earnings worth it for you to possibly face identity theft? That’s for you, and nobody else, to decide.

I expect every upstanding criminal to say the same thing. Politicians, also. But the nothing to hide argument is no good reason to support anti-privacy practices.

Your issue is with this third party, not with Brave. I understand that’s how you arrived at the question of why you need to use this third party at all, but I’ve effectively answered that question. So has Brave, as near as I can tell.

I neither know, nor care, what you are doing with your 11 BAT. It’s none of my business, even if you were laundering it :slight_smile:

Agreed. Unfortunately governments all over the world are going to continue to stick their meddling fingers in things like decentralized crypto. They will use all sorts of justification, like “The Russians are using decentralized crypto to evade sanctions!” (I have no doubt in my mind that they are doing that to some degree, but that’s no reason to give up the decentralized nature of it)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.