Please Do Feature Request 11769 --> Rename device in sync

Cannot rename device in Sync

Feature request from Sept 2020
https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/11769

Setup Sync after a system has been renamed.

1. Install Brave
  2. Rename the system
  3. Setup Sync

Expected result: Sync should use the current system name in the device list

Actual result: The old name is used in the Sync device list. There is not obvious way to change the name.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.52.129 Chromium: 114.0.5735.198 (Official Build) (arm64)

1 Like

@Mattches hook a brother up - any idea on this one from the start of July – looking back, it seems that you said “not much longer” back in 2021?

@Alexey I see this went from P2 to P3 earlier this year. Is this something most likely not to be acted on or what is the overall status/thoughts on it? Seems to be open Github from 2020.

I mean, I see your comment from last month on the Github that there’s been no progress. Guess just is the question of whether anyone should have expectations on any movement or whether this is just very low priority?

Hi @Saoiray,

Is this something most likely not to be acted on or what is the overall status/thoughts on it?

No, there are planes to implement this. Not acted in most cases would be marked P5.

We regularly has questions about this issue, even from people at our team, so we want to have this ability.

2 Likes

@JeffNoVA,
Yes definitely feel the annoyance here and as @Alexey stated it’s certainly something we want to implement as even our own team members want the feature. Just a matter of prioritization and man power.

Thank you for pinging about it though, I went ahead and added your request here as a +1 to the github issue, hopefully will get some more eyes on it.

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you @Mattches that’s all that I can ask for. Totally tracking re: # of eyes on and available. To be fair ZERO Chromium builds have this ability, only Firefox does that I’m aware of.