Please add Hedera Hashgraph (HBAR) to the list of Visible Assets

Please consider adding Hedera Hashgraph (HBAR) to the list of Visible Assets in Brave’s cryptocurrency wallet

Hedera Hashgraph has a growing ecosystem of developers and users, which will help to attract new users to the Brave browser.

Hedera Hashgraph is a distributed ledger technology that uses a unique consensus algorithm to enable high-throughput and low-latency transactions. This makes it well-suited for use in a browser-based wallet, where users may need to make frequent and rapid transactions.

5 Likes

I’d also love to see HBAR added to the list of viable assets.

1 Like

@vicwebdesign and @sporadicallyjoe then why don’t you add it? It’s an ERC-20 token and thus accessible by Brave Wallet as a viable asset.

Instructions on adding assets can be seen at PSA: Current FAQ - #40 by Saoiray

For HBAR, looks like token address is 0xa43C7F27E36279645Bd1620070414e564ec291a9

So when you put that in while adding assets, it automatically fills everything else out for you. It will look like below:

1 Like

Hey, Mate. Thanks for the comment.

HBAR is NOT an ERC-20 token on Ethereum.

Hedera Hashgraph is a Layer 1 similar to Ethereum and direct competitor to Ethereum.

Hedera Hashgraph is currently processing several 100 more TPS than Ethereum.

Take a look.

2 Likes

Actually, we’re both right. It is a token on ERC-20. You can see it on Etherscan. There’s 6 billion for supply.

However, what I didn’t pay attention to is that it has done nothing for over 3 years and price is $0.00. So not sure what the story is there overall, except it’s dead in the water. (May as well not exist)

But now, in researching, I see what you mean in terms of it being its own blockchain. So that’s something that I didn’t initially see when I went to research.

Seems website is https://hedera.com/hbar that speaks of yours.

And yeah, not sure if @hub or @jleonard might have some feedback on that. At least to possibly advise to possibilities and what would have to happen to add connections for that blockchain to Wallet.

Can’t think of a reason why Hedera wouldn’t be added. I could list all of the stats about tps/partnerships, etc…but I guess I’d rather hear why it shouldn’t be or hasn’t already been added :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Would be great to have Hedera added
But tbh, Brave should really be considering running their BAT tokens on it. The fees are so low it would give users higher rewards because of massive fee savings.
Not only that Hedera tokens are net level, often dont even need a smart contract so can operate at Hedera’s native speed and security (ABFT - the highest possible)
Earning $1 and having much taken in fees is a turn off.

For those that don’t know, Hedera Hashgraph is an fully open source DLT that utilizes a new consensus mechanism called the Hashgraph algorithm to achieve high transaction throughput and low latency. The Hedera network is designed to be highly scalable, with the ability to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second, but is currently throttled to 10,000 TPS.

One of the key features of Hedera is its use of a directed acyclic graph (DAG) data structure, which allows for faster and more efficient processing of transactions compared to traditional blockchain-based systems. Additionally, Hedera uses a unique consensus mechanism called the “gossip about gossip” protocol, which enables the network to reach consensus on the order of transactions without the need for mining or other energy-intensive processes.

Hedera also has a governance model that is different from other open source, public blockchains, in that it is governed by a council of 39 organizations, including Google, Boeing, IBM, Deutsche Telekom, LG, Tata Communications, Électricité de France, FIS, University College London, the London School of Economics, DLA Piper, Shinhan Bank, Standard Bank, ServiceNow, Ubisoft, Abrdn, DBS Bank

this council acts as the governing body for the network, and has the power to make decisions about the network’s development and maintenance.

The Largest main stream use case adaptation EVER in the world for DLT’s is now live. Billions and Billions of transactions per month.

Its built by Avery Dennison (Atma.io) and it is built on top of Hedera Hashgraph.

Dell Technologies has just become the 28 member of the Hedera Governing Council.

Hello @hub or @jleonard, do you have thoughts or comments on adding HBAR (Hedera Hashgraph) to the list of visible assets in the wallet?

Is Hedera the same as Hedera Hashgraph? Hedera is on chainlist.org and I was able to add. I only added the mainnet but there is also a Hedera Previewnet and a Hedera Localnet. I’m playing with Hedera in a Hedera Wallet and remember Hashgraph being part of the ecosystem (I think), but didn’t go run down the particulars. If I get more info, I will add. Take care. :slight_smile:

Looks like the name of the LLC is Hedera Hashgraph and the network name is just Hedera. There are some apps that have hashgraph in the name, and I think that is what I remember seeing.

Hashgraph term as defined by the Summarizer. :slight_smile:

Short article that I liked:

But there is a ton of info at the Hedera website: hedera.com

And final post (I think) lol

I see the problem now. Can’t buy, send, receive, bridge, whatever to/from Hedera and Brave even though can add the Hedera Mainnet to Brave Wallet. I have been sending HBAR to my HashPack wallet using another EVM wallet, just can’t using Brave.

So… took me a sec but I eventually got there! :laughing:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.