Playlist keeps resetting speed on play (won't persist across videos or after pause)

When using Brave playlist on mobile, the speed keeps resetting to 1× whenever a video begins playing whether it’s after a previous video ends or whether the video is paused then resumed. (But the speed still shows at the specified speed, so tapping the speed button doesn’t even work correctly, for example, if you set it to 2×, the next video will start playing at 1×, and tapping the speed button forces you to cycle through all the speeds to get back to 2×.)

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Add a few videos to the playlist
  2. Set the speed to something else
  3. Play the playlist

Alternate:

1. Play a video
  2. Set the speed to something else
  3. Pause
  4. Resume playback

Expected result:

The videos should all play with the specified speed and retain that speed.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

1.28 (21.7.9.13)

Mobile Device details

iOS 14.7.1

Additional Information:

Brave playlist needs to persist the selected speed setting across videos (like VLC does). Moreover, it needs to retain the speed after a video is resumed from pause.

I usually only use playlist to add a few YouTube videos to listen to in the car and I can’t keep stopping to reset the speed to 2× after each video. This defeats playlist’s whole purpose of providing convenience. 🤦

3 Likes

Good report.

Latest Brave iOS is 1.28 (21.7.9.13)

1 Like

I just updated and noticed it also does this if you pause and resume. Set the speed to 2×, pause, then resume and it’ll play at 1× (while showing “2×”), so it’s not just when switching videos, it’s anytime playback starts (that should actually help narrow down the bug).

1 Like

I agree! This would be a huge improvement to Brave’s playlist! I have the same problem with the playback speed resetting from 2X to 1X after pausing and restarting.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.