Pinned tabs re-open when I close and open Brave

Hello,

Let me give you an example of what is going on: A couple days ago I pinned a tab going to Microsoft. I did what I needed to on the tab, and without un-pinning first, I closed Brave. The next day, I opened Brave and the tab I had pinned the day before opened automatically (in the “pinned” state) and went back to Microsoft. I proceeded to un-pin the tab and close it, and after closing and opening brave again, the same thing happened. Now, whenever I open Brave, it starts with that pinned Microsoft tab (already pinned) and my home tab, so I have to unpin the tab and close it every time I open Brave. This is not a huge deal, but it is annoying and something I have not found a solution to.
How can I fix this?

Thanks!

This should be fixed in the next update if I am correct :wink:
Edit: I am correct :smiley:

Now, pinned tabs will not reopen when Brave is closed.

@Jackson

Could you provide some additional details as per the post below?

Thanks,
Lauren

Version: 0.17.16 (updated today)
Mac 10.12.1 (16B2657)
Shields up, all ads and cookies allowed
Issue occurs whenever I pin the site and then close Brave. Neither it nor any other pinned site will return when I start Brave again.

Hi @Jackson

Since I’m currently unable to reproduce, would you mind sharing a few more details?

• What happens when you click on the pinned tab - is it just white? Have you tried right clicking on the tab and selecting ‘Unpin’ and then trying to ‘Pin’ it again?
  • Could you tell me how many pinned tabs you have?
  • Have you moved the pinned tabs around - meaning, maybe you pinned tabs 1, 2, 3, 4 and then moved 4 so the order is now 1, 4, 2, 3?

Any other information you think might help me investigate is appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to report this issue.

Thanks!
Lauren

And updates on this problem? Now all tabs (not just pinned ones) fail to come up with a restart.

Hi @Jackson

The issue below, which sounds like your original issue of:

is currently slated for our next release:

Other than this, I have not been able to reproduce so I don’t have any new information at this time.

Thanks,
Lauren

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.