Muon: 2.56.8
libchromiumcontent: 56.0.2924.87
V8: 5.6.326.50
Node.js: 7.4.0
Update Channel: dev
os.platform: win32
os.release: 10.0.14393
os.arch: x64

I use 9 pinned tabs. There are some problems with pinned tabs. Here are some of them, in one report:

1). Pinned tabs don’t seem to have the same status as regular tabs in that they don’t have a place in the normal tab order. See Tab settings not working for details.

2). Pinned tabs don’t always keep their position after a restart. If I move a pinned tab one slot to the left, for example, sometimes, when I restart, it moves back.

3). Bookmarklets do not work correctly on pinned tabs. I have a “Send Link by Email” bookmarklet that works perfectly on unpinned tabs, but when I use them on pinned tabs, I get a new tab with a search: “https://www.bing.com/search?q=javascript%3Alocation.href%3D’mailto%3A%3FSUBJECT%3D’%2Bdocument.title%2B’%26BODY%3D’%2Bescape(location.href)%3B

The “source” for this bookmarklet is: javascript:location.href=‘mailto:?SUBJECT=’+document.title+’&BODY=’+escape(location.href);

I also have made bookmarklets for dictionary lookup and googleTranslate that also work perfectlly in unpinned tabs, but not in pinned tabs. In order to use bookmarklets on pinned tabs, I have to first clone the pinned tab.

4). As previousy reported, after an update, pinned tabs are duplicated on first restart (I wind up with 18 pinned tabs). A second restart clears this up.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the report. We’ve made incremental gains on pinned tabs, but more fixes should be coming in 0.21.x

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.