Pin Tab Focus Very Buggy

Like the idea of the Brave browser but you have to work on improving it. I cannot use it as it is because I need to have reliable pin tabs that are stable. As it is now, I’m using Windows 10, the pin tabs lose focus almost constantly.

Hi @ScottCap, can you describe your issue a little more? When you say the pinned tab loses focus, do you mean that if you’re browsing or typing in the pinned tab, the focus moves from that opened tab to a different tab? Or do you mean the focus on the URL bar? Or does one of these previously reported issues match the behavior you’re seeing:

Scott Photo

Hi,

Here is what takes place. I will open 5 Tradingview.com pages of charts. They are numbered Chart 1, Chart 2, Chart 3, Chart 4, Chart 5. When I try to pin each chart they will not pin in the correct order ie; from left to right 1,2,3,4,5. When I try to move the pins to position them in the correct order most all of the times the pins will not hold in the new position and just return to the previous position from which I attempted to move them. Also if I open a new tab (not a new pin) then most all of the existing pins disappear from view and cannot be returned to view unless I close the browser and reopen it.

Scott

Scott Photo

In addition to the below behavior; After I close the browser in attempt to restore those pins that previously disappeared from view the pins will not appear in the same previous location but will be in random location. In otherwords if they were previously ordered from left to right - 1,2,3,4,5, - they may next appear as 3, 4, 5, 1, 2. Also if I open a new tab and then try to pin it some of the previous pins disappear.

Hi,

Here is what takes place. I will open 5 Tradingview.com pages of charts. They are numbered Chart 1, Chart 2, Chart 3, Chart 4, Chart 5. When I try to pin each chart they will not pin in the correct order ie; from left to right 1,2,3,4,5. When I try to move the pins to position them in the correct order most all of the times the pins will not hold in the new position and just return to the previous position from which I attempted to move them. Also if I open a new tab (not a new pin) then most all of the existing pins disappear from view and cannot be returned to view unless I close the browser and reopen it.

Scott

@ScottCap, would you be willing to send a gif of this Brave exhibiting this behavior? I’m asking because because I’m unable to reproduce these behaviors on my end (also Win 10). I am able to pin tabs and move them around (admittedly the precision of control is a little high). Also, when I pin tabs and close the window, then reopen, the pinned tabs stay in the correct order (I attached my own gif below showing this).

There’s a easy to use, lightweight program called Licecap that you can use to record your screen and convert the recording to a gif in seconds. Being able to see whats happening on your end simplifies the troubleshooting process on ours.

Gifs:

Scott Photo

Sure, will do this later today and get back to you. Thanks for the great support!

Cycling through the tabs (pinned & unpinned) on first visit after reopening Brave, the focus goes to the URL/address box, so other shortcuts (space bar to page down, or arrow down to scroll) affect the page address, rather than the body of the page.
Reloading the page keeps the focus as it used to be – that is, not in the address box.

Neither of these problems occurred with previous versions.

I have exported my tabs as bookmarks and reset Brave from scratch (uninstalled, trashing application support files, caches, preferences, etc. & downloaded the current installer to reinstall).

Tutuapp https://9apps.ooo/ ShowBox

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.