Persistent cookies info popup on LinkedIn

Description of the issue
When using LinkedIn, a cookies info popup appears which you can then dismiss. However, if the tab is closed and re-opened, the cookies popup appears again. This doesn’t happen on other websites (eg BBC) - once you dismiss the cookies popup it normally doesn’t appear again unless you clear cookies.

Exact URL of the website in question
https://www.linkedin.com

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? [Default states are: Block: Ads/Trackers, 3rd Party Cookies, 3rd Party Fingerprinting Allow: Encrypt Connections enabled (HTTPS), Scripts] (yes/no)
Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? (yes/no)
No

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no)
No

Does the site function as expected when using Chrome? (yes/no)
No

What Operating System and Brave version/Build are you using when you encounter the issue?(See the About Brave page in the main menu)
Windows 10 - Version 0.62.50 Chromium: 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

0 Likes

Hi @donniedarkouk,

Sorry for your troubles here!

I haven’t been able to reproduce so far but will dig deeper and help to troubleshoot. Thanks for your patience here!

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I’ve just realised the same “problem” occurs on Chrome - so this isn’t a Brave issue. I guess it’s a new “feature” LinkedIn have decided to implement which forces the cookies dialog box to pop up every time the tab is refreshed. Perhaps it only happens in Windows 10 - it’s not appearing on Brave on Android (just checked). Anyway, unless you want to look into this further, you’re welcome to close this now! Thanks again.

0 Likes