Persistent cookies info popup on LinkedIn

Description of the issue
When using LinkedIn, a cookies info popup appears which you can then dismiss. However, if the tab is closed and re-opened, the cookies popup appears again. This doesn’t happen on other websites (eg BBC) - once you dismiss the cookies popup it normally doesn’t appear again unless you clear cookies.

Exact URL of the website in question
https://www.linkedin.com

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? [Default states are: Block: Ads/Trackers, 3rd Party Cookies, 3rd Party Fingerprinting Allow: Encrypt Connections enabled (HTTPS), Scripts] (yes/no)
Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? (yes/no)
No

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no)
No

Does the site function as expected when using Chrome? (yes/no)
No

What Operating System and Brave version/Build are you using when you encounter the issue?(See the About Brave page in the main menu)
Windows 10 - Version 0.62.50 Chromium: 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi @donniedarkouk,

Sorry for your troubles here!

I haven’t been able to reproduce so far but will dig deeper and help to troubleshoot. Thanks for your patience here!

Thanks for your reply. I’ve just realised the same “problem” occurs on Chrome - so this isn’t a Brave issue. I guess it’s a new “feature” LinkedIn have decided to implement which forces the cookies dialog box to pop up every time the tab is refreshed. Perhaps it only happens in Windows 10 - it’s not appearing on Brave on Android (just checked). Anyway, unless you want to look into this further, you’re welcome to close this now! Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.