Permissions request pop-ups are initially rendered corrupt on 2nd monitor

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to a site that requests some kind of permissions, such as microphone. Example: permission.site
  2. Observe the corrupted pop-up request, and that you cannot interact with it (Allow/Block)
  3. Switch tabs, then switch back; pop-up appears normal. Or, you can un-maximize the window, and this also corrects the pop-up.

Expected result:
Normal-looking permissions pop-up

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:
This issue only occurs when the window is on my larger, 2nd monitor. It does not occur with a window instantiated on my primary (laptop, built-in) screen.

Screenshot of the issue:

This issue occurs regardless of Hardware Acceleration being enabled or disabled.

What can I do to narrow down the root cause? Thanks.

Edit to add: when starting with an un-maximized screen, the issue still occurs, but is corrected upon maximizing. So the initial window sizing ‘state’ doesn’t seem to matter, it just seems like anything that causes a re-rendering to take place will correct it.

@JimB1,
Thank you for reaching out.
Would you mind trying this with reader mode disabled (three lines icon left of the bookmarks icon)?

Hey, thanks @Mattches .

Under ‘flags’ I had the following:
Enable Reader Mode: Enabled available in settings
Enable SpeedReader: Enabled

Changed them both to Default, then re-launched. Unfortunately it didn’t resolve it.

@JimB1,
Thank you for confirming. Can I also ask if you have any extensions installed at this time?

I do have a handful of extensions that I commonly use, but the issue also occurs in another profile with no extensions installed in it (well technically 1 installed, ‘GoFullPage’, but disabled).

Created a fresh one as well with nothing in it and all default settings (other than ‘flags’ which seem to be cross-profile) and it still occurs there.

2 Likes

@JimB1,
I do appreciate you testing this out. I’ve reached out to the team to get some additional insight on this. Will reply back when I know more.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.