Muon 6.0.9
OS Release 10.0.16299
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 66.0.3359.139

When a web application sends a PDF for embedded display, using the correct MIME type, Chrome, Chromium, Firefox and Edge all display it. Brave immediately downloads and does not display.

This typically happens if the PDFViewer extension is not enabled. Double check to see if PDFViewer in about:preferences#extensions is enabled.

I toggled PDFViewer on and off yesterday to experiment with another issue, and the behavior went from opening inside the browser to prompting for download, as you described.

Unfortunately that does not seem to be the source of the problem. I had already tried toggling the PDFViewer extension, and I just tried it again. It has no effect.

To make sure this wasn’t a problem with the datastream coming from the applications I use, I tried opening the IRS W4 PDF from their site, and it downloaded instead of displaying. There is clearly a problem here somewhere.

Hm… @sriram, were you ever able to find a solution to Unable to view PDF on MacOS? Or is there a corresponding Github issue for this? I briefly scanned Github and found related issues for PDFs (such as leading to error pages), but not necessarily forcing a download instead of displaying in-browser like in these cases.

Hi @RisoSystems @chriscat,

An issue logged for this here

Best,
:slight_smile:

I did search and the similar issues I found had been closed.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.