PDF support in browser like in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge (Win10_OS)

Windows 10 OS, nothing to do with performance with this issue.

Brave: 0.22.22
V8: 6.5.254.41
rev: 63033109963be0a995b3d1ed9723870beeb191c4
Muon: 5.1.2
OS Release: 10.0.16299
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 65.0.3325.181

I switched to Brave because Chrome become too resource needy as in my kids laptop resources were harvested for unknown reasons, all because of those push notifications on their browsers and people sometimes do not know how to disable them.
My problem with Brave is that it does not support PDF file view like Chrome and Edge has done for long time. Is this because Brave browser is still growing and needs time or is this something Brave would never do? I must say, my work requires to download and read PDF files daily basis. Hopefully I do not have to switch to Microsoft Edge.

Best regards, M.

Hi @hulluvello,

Brave already have PDF Viewer support and it’s on by default (see Preferences/Settings > Extensions). Is there a problem with it?

Best,
:slight_smile:

There are multiple reports of problems viewing pdf’s in Brave – e.g.:

My experience: the problem viewing pdf’s in Brave is random. I can’t discern why some pdf’s display and others don’t, but there is a problem.

At least you get the blank pdf to open up. I can’t even get anything to open at all, it automatically brings up the Save As dialog box to force me to save the pdf to desktop in order to view it. Very inconvenient!!