PDF in Brave goes straight to "save as" dialogue

Description of the issue: In Yahoo Mail when I try to print a PDF attachment Brave automatically opens the “save as” dialogue. I frequently have PDFs I need to view, so I do not want to have to go through saving it in order to view it. This only happens in the Brave browser.

Exact URL of the website in question:

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome? Yes

Brave version (check About Brave): ** V1.37.116**

1 Like

Hi

1. Paste the following link in Brave URL brave://settings/downloads then make sure “Ask where to save each file before downloading” is disabled.

2. You can also control if you want to download or open pdf files in Brave browser here brave://settings/content/pdfDocuments

1 Like

@konocwa ,

brave://settings/content/pdfDocuments?search=PDF

This works for printing an email, but trying to open a pdf attachment it always goes to “save as” instead of opening the file.

Without Prejudice

Christian Konopaski

| 289wk
April 16 |

• | - |

@konocwa ,

brave://settings/content/pdfDocuments?search=PDF

Brave_Browser_PDF_settings

1 Like

These steps alone do not do the trick. However, it did cause a dialogue bar to pop up on the bottom in which you can select to automatically open file in a viewer. I did this and now I can open the pdfs directly without having to go through the “save as” dialogue. I was then able to go back to setting and re-enable “Ask where to save each file before downloading” and still skip the “save as” dialogue. Thanks for leading me to the solution. I just wish Brave would have put this directly in settings on how to handle pdfs.

Without Prejudice

Christian Konopaski

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.