PC browser not allowing verification with verified Gemini account

I changed my Linux DE yesterday to a Manjaro one and copied my saved Brave to keep my info up to date. Everything was good but now it won’t let me verify with Gemini in Brave but I am verified in Gemini on my Android phone. I am in the Netherlands and have done this before with no issue. My Brave is Version 1.47.186 Chromium: 109.0.5414.119 (Official Build) (64-bit) and I know that verification in the Netherlands is OK if you have an existing verification so not sure what is wrong.

Did you have to make a new Rewards profile?
If yes, that’s the issue. As of now Gemini can be connected to New profiles only in the US.

I did not make a new profile as that would mean losing what I have accumulated for Jan. If I have to I will though.

I have just checked making a new profile and it did nothing. I have a verified wallet with Gemini that is still verified on my phone but will not reverify in my pc and as I have a verified account with Gemini I am still able to reverify no matter where I am in the world. This is something different that needs attention. If I was trying to verify a new wallet then that is different butI am not.

I am afraid that copying is not enough to keep your profile valid. Basically it is now running in a different device.

I suggest you to open a support ticket so that the development team can give you some valid advice.

1 Like

I have done this same thing at least 10 to 15 times before with not one issue and my wallet re-verified every single time so what you said is not correct. This is why I said something has to be different this time. i am not a newbie with a pc or Brave and have been using it for a long time now.

1 Like

Many things are not the same on every new release. They are including changes to the new Brave Rewards that will enter into force in February.

I knew that we could copy the profile folder in Windows. Did not know it could be done in Linux. Nice to know :slight_smile:

Very easy to do and I back my Brave up every week to another SSD along with everything else I back up which is actually, everything. Have contacted support and will see if they can do anything.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.