Paypal doesn't work properly under Brave

Description of the issue:
If you try to pay on ebay for something using paypal will come to a moment when you have to confirm the payment the small window of paypal will pop up will have a small circle in the middle keep loading to the infinite. The transaction will not finalize .
While in PayPal logged in you can try moving funds or pay someone - Not Working-

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
I reproduce it enough I’m tired of it.

Put credentials in paypal.com looping appears ,
shut down the tab ,
open another tab
You are logged in Paypal without putting your credentials(unsafe Credentials remain in cache from the last tab), you can see you account page but any operation of moving funds won’t work

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Small window of Paypal looping to the infinite

Expected result: Log into Paypal or pay using Paypal, using Paypal trough other websites ebay is one of them.

Reproduces how often:
It started 5 day ago and is continuous

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Windows 7 Pro 64, Version 1.3.118 Chromium: 80.0.3987.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Very frustrating, Paypal is working On Firefox 73 .

Sometimes you can log into paypal if all shields are down but, only sometimes.

Hi @RustyStug,

Can you try allowing cross-site cookies (in your Shield settings) on ebay and seeing if the transaction works?

Hi,

I put all shields down for ebay.co.uk and paypal.com transaction didn’t succeed.

I put up the shields for ebay with all cookies allowed(as requested) but for paypal all shields down - same result.

I have Brave on another win 7 machine which have same problems.

This problems appeared on both W7 machines before the last patch(6 days or so) so I guess something changed prior build 118. I think that was build 115 but not sure

Thanks

Thank you, I don’t see a newer version of Brave but seems is working now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.