PAYPAL atempted login crashes BRAVE

Latest Brave update
windows 7
Paypal password login crashes braves
Hard for busy business people, just want to report the issue.
Oh boy, getting worse. crashing when I hit save working inside my website. If I reinstall an older version of Brave, am I going to lose all my bookmarks and Brave saved username logins and passwords? I just went through this nightmare with Last Pass, am using the Brave ‘remember’ logins etc, I can’t afford to lose another week tracking down logins after having shut down old email addresses.

Hi @fofa,

What is your Brave version from about:brave? There’s an issue logged for v,0.22.667. See V0.22.667 for laptop has been released!.

If it same with your issue, the fix will be available in the future release.

You can do heavy back-up like described here How to backup Bookmarks and settings.
It’ll copy your browser profile so you can reuse it in new installation.

Best,
:slight_smile:

Hey, thank you for answering:

Brave 0.22.667
V8 6.6.346.24
rev 0433b26
Muon 5.2.6
OS Release 6.1.7601
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 66.0.3359.117

Will the heavy backup keep my passwords intact? I just spent two weeks unsnarling a Last Pass fail and am hesitant to reinstall Brave and lose them if they won’t be saved. I assume the ‘heavy’ backup works for windows?

Any ETA for the fix? Crashing when trying to print labels at USPS too. Business owners can’t function like this. I’m running out of options besides physically going to the P.O.

If someone could write the idiot’s guide to rolling back to a previous version WITHOUT losing all my passwords/bookmarks, definitively NOT lose them, please advise. Yes, I’ve followed the steps in the link, didn’t seem to match the tutorial so not trusting it. Seems I’ve only copied the Brave version I have now, I can’t afford to lose more time. Yes, some of us are not techies, we just need a little more details.

Hi @fofa,

Please try again with latest version 0.22.669 [1]. This version should fix your issue.

Best,
:slight_smile:

Please look at the attached screenshot., Do I download the x64 as a complete new install for mylaptop, what am I looking for for this fix? A patch? A complete uninstall and reinstall? I have no idea what 98% of those ‘assets’ are about And will this wipe out all my passwords and bookmarks again. I just can’t afford to have that happen again.

Hi @fofa,

Just check for the update via hamburger menu.

Okay, no updates ‘check back later’. I’ll wait it out and hope it gets fixed soon.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.