Payment Conversion In Continuous Loop

When trying to turn payments on, it starts and remains in a continuous loop until I turn it off. I’ve left my browser on for hours/days seeing the three circles bouncing up and down looking like the following.

Hi @tbtmr2

A couple of questions for you:

1. What is your current Brave version and OS?
  2. Did you have a BTC wallet or did you first enable payments with the BAT enabled Brave version (one of the 0.19.x versions)?

Thanks,
Lauren

Lauren – Thank you for your response. This sounds bad, but I cannot seem
to find what browser version I have. I did not have a BTC wallet nor
enabled payments prior to a few weeks ago when I read about the software
update.

Hi @tbtmr2

The easiest way to find out your Brave version is to open a new tab and type about:brave in the URL bar, then copy/paste the information on that page here :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Lauren

Ahhh… That is helpful. Attached is a screenshot.

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue as tbtmr2:

Do not have a BTC wallet, simply tried clicking enabled, and stuck ever since!

Hi @tbtmr2 and @asmc

We’re working on a in issue for our next hotfix that I hope will resolve this issue for you. You can track it here:

https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/pull/11860

Thanks,
Lauren

Hi @tbtmr2 and @asmc

Just checking in to see if you both could update to latest version (0.19.88) and let me know if the issue is still occurring for you.

Thanks!
Lauren

Hi Lauren,

Looks like the problem is resolved! thanks!

Great, glad to hear @asmc!! Thanks for hanging in there and thanks for the update!

Lauren

Sadly updating brave didn’t solve it for me. I’m still stuck in the “converting” screen. I did have a BTC wallet before though.

This is the output of “Brave - About”:

Name	Version
Brave	0.19.95
rev	cc0ebad
Muon	4.5.16
libchromiumcontent	62.0.3202.94
V8	6.2.414.42
Node.js	7.9.0
Update Channel	Release
OS Platform	macOS
OS Release	17.2.0
OS Architecture	x64

Hi, I have the same issue - bouncing balls for weeks now. I’ve followed all the turn off/restart instructions but to no avail. Here’s my info.

Brave: 0.19.95
rev: cc0ebadfd8950d1b5f454cb39c0c3a64028cc935
Muon: 4.5.16
libchromiumcontent: 62.0.3202.94
V8: 6.2.414.42
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: Release
OS Platform: macOS
OS Release: 16.7.0
OS Architecture: x64

I saw Lauren’s instructions on the terminal command in another thread but that doesn’t work - this is the result: LEDGER_VERBOSE=true brave
-bash: brave: command not found

Hi @chmanie and @clarems

For MacOS the terminal command is slightly different. It is this:

LEDGER_VERBOSE=true /Applications/Brave.app/Contents/MacOS/Brave

Additionally, if you had a BTC wallet beforehand, please private message me your recovery keys (if you have them). If you don’t have them saved (or didn’t have a BTC wallet), let me know that as well.

Thanks,
Lauren

Same issue here. It’s been looping for weeks. Also, payments haven’t been going through for at least a month, until today when I received a notification saying that my contribution of 25 dollars was processed. Not sure why it’s all of a sudden 25 dollars as it’s always been five and I haven’t been able to get into the payments screen to change it.

Lauren,

I have the same problem on Windows, pre existing BTC in wallet and endless loop. Is there a solution to this problem?

Brave: 0.19.131
rev: da2f34787e51eb44190a7a77249e100fb2368306
Muon: 4.5.36
libchromiumcontent: 63.0.3239.132
V8: 6.3.292.49
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: Release
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
OS Release: 6.1.7601
OS Architecture: x64

Hi @reesj

Do you have the BTC keys for your wallet? If so, please private message me the first key and I can have a teammate review server-side.

Thanks,
Lauren

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.