Password file gone after adding Linux Mint to sync chain with Windows

Password file was fine and synced among Windows and Android phones. Once my Linux Mint system was added to the chain, the passwords on all machines is gone. I think I have the sync chain sequence saved somewhere. If I can find it, can it be used to recover? I have check recycle bins on all machines and the file is is not in any of them.

Additional Information:

1 Like

Additional information: I have been slowly rebuilding the password file, and it appears to be syncing with the other machines. So, my question about the sync chain sequence is a moot point now. With that said, what could have happened, and is there a way to recover the old password file?

Hello there @RandyAndy please accept my apologies for this issue. On this case, please provide the following information in order to investigate further:

1. Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
  2. Additional Information:

Be waiting for your response.

Version v1.47.186 on Windows and Linux Mint.

Mint was added to the sync chain before all passwords were (noticed to be) gone. Upon reflection, it is possible the passwords were gone prior (but not long before) adding Mint to the sync chain.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

@RandyAndy do your android devices have the latest Brave version installed on them?

Being that said, could you please try removing your android devices from the sync chain to see if you are able to see your passwords?

I removed the Android device from sync. Now all passwords are gone again.

1 Like

Thanks for the information, I’ve shared this with our team and I’m waiting for further information on the matter. Once our team has answers, I will get back to you as soon as possible.