Description of the issue:
Password Autofill does not work on multiple sites where the URL it has saved does not match the URL in the target site that I’m trying to log in to.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Go to https://www.allianztravelinsurance.com/login
- Click in the EMAIL field
- Nothing is filled in even though I have an password entry in Brave for the URL https://www.allianztravelinsurance.com/account/home, which is the URL that Brave saved when it created the password entry. Note that this URL is NOT the same as the one on the tab where I am trying to log in, but Brave does not seem to be able to generalize to the …/login URL and fill in the fields properly. If I copy/paste the URL that Brave has saved and go there, Allianz just tells me I have to log in.
- Since the URL is not editable in Passwords, how can I get this to work properly?
IMPORTANT NOTE: This fails in Chrome 115.0.5790.110 also, even when I used the ADD function to add the specific …/login URL to Chrome.
Brave should populate the ID and password in the respective fields so I can click LOG IN and get into my Allianz account.
Brave Version( check
Brave is up to date
Version 1.56.14 Chromium: 115.0.5790.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- Go to Settings/Passwords
- Search for the Allianz entry
- Key in my Brave screen password
- Copy the ID, flip to the Allianz tab, paste it in
- Go back to Brave Passwords
- Copy the password, flip to the Allianz tab, paste it in