Pages randomly refresh drastically wiping cookies

Hello everyone,

I’ve found another un-fixed issue with the browser. This time, I’ve noticed that all the open pages that are hidden (they’re on the bar, but aren’t focused), tend to regularly refresh (especially when you focus them). After they refresh, you are thrown out of your sessions (Youtube, Facebook, forums, gmail, private trackers etc.). An example, I had to reopen the browser every time I wanted to check my mail on Google. The issue fixes automically when you reload the whole browser, but after the pages refresh, your cookies vanish again, but are brought back after browser reload. My user settings are currently set to save every single cookie on the web, aswell, ticks for deleting info on browser closing are unticked. So, technically speaking, everything should be fine… but it’s not.

Specifications
Brave - 0.23.19
V8 - 6.7.288.46
rev - 178c3fb
Muon - 7.1.3
OS Release - 10.0.17134
OS Arch - x64
OS Platform - Microsoft Windows
Node.js - 7.9.0
Tor - 0.3.3.7 (git-035a35178c92da94)
Brave Sync - v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent - 67.0.3396.87

This is another odd thing I’ve noticed when trying to load many pages:

@MrMarx thanks for reaching out!
So it does seem like you have everything set up properly but I’d like to confirm just a few things before we dig deeper. It seems like you know what you’re talking about so I don’t mean to offend in any way but can you confirm that your site-specific shields panel (lion icon on the top right) also is set to “allow all cookies”. Use one of the example websites you gave to test this. Feel free to send a screenshot as well.

Also, you said this is happening with tabs that don’t currently have the focus. If you go to (for instance) gmail, log in, then manually hit refresh, is your session saved, or do you have to log back in again?

Let me know what you find :slight_smile:

Ah, so finally I see a better explanation of what I’m getting.

When I switch to another tab, then back to one I had logged into, the login appears to disappear from the unfocused website and I see the interface asking to login again. What I do then is close that tab, open a new blank tab, type in the URL again, and hey presto the site is still logged in and usable.

This is happening almost constantly. I block 3rd party cookies on nearly every site.
(Latest Brave on Windows 10 64-bit).

Jup, same mate, but for me, opening a new tab only sometimes works, in worst scenario I just restart the whole browser to skip logging in non-stop

Hi Mattches,

I tried your instructions - If I manually refresh the page, it doesn’t lose login info/cookies, only when the page is unfocused and it refreshes it by auto.

Aswell, here’s a screenshot of Youtube (same settings are set for gmail and other sites):

Hope there is/will be a fix soon, I really like Brave, but recently it just bugs me too much with the bugs.

p.s. Pardon me if I sounded in any way rude or demanding, that wasn’t my intention

@MrMarx, I’d like to try one last thing. Would you try toggling the “Show tab previews on hover” option to off?

I’d like to report the same issue as well. I have turned off “Show tab previews on hover” since and it’s still randomly refreshing/wiping cookies/logging out, sometimes even just moving away from the tab for a minute. This was not the case before though so here are my details:

Brave: 0.23.19
V8: 6.7.288.46
rev: 178c3fbc045a0cbdbe098db08307503cce952081
Muon: 7.1.3
OS Release: 6.1.7600
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: ia32
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Tor: 0.3.3.7 (git-035a35178c92da94)
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 67.0.3396.87

Thanks guys! Love the browser so much.

One more thing to try. Seems to work, but I’ve done only a very small amount of testing.

Don’t open a normal tab, open a Private Tab.
I did this today for a site that keeps showing me as logged out as soon as I go to another open tab, then go back to it.

The Private Tab is not going to ‘logged out’ view when I leave and come back to it.

I no longer have the ‘apparent logged out’ problem, as I installed the Brave Dev version. No problem since.

@MrMarx, @tojejumedo, just checking back in here - Does this issue still persist with the most recent build (V0.23.105)?