Pages Randomly Load Blank. Don't Have Grammarly Esxtension

Description of the issue:
Pages in Brave often load as a blank, white screen with only the Brave address bar showing at the top. (The same as if one types about:blank in the address bar) The only way to get the site to load is to close Brave and start over. Then it may or may not load properly. This is random, but very frequent.

If I have several tabs open, it can be present on one or more tabs, but not necessarily all of them. Sometimes a page will load, but when I move on to the next page, it will go blank. Example: Go to the bank’s web site. The page may load fine. Log in. The page may load fine. Click something, such as Transactions, the page often loads blank.
Example: Go to You Tube. Watch a video. Click the side bar for another movie it may load blank. Or, it and several others, may load fine until one loads blank. The only way out is to exit Brave & start over. (Reload button does not solve it.)

Occasionally, the page will load fine & be 100% complete. Then, the page goes blank.

Reading here, it seems the Grammarly extension causes the problem for many. I haven’t got it. The only extension I have is Crypto Wallets

Is there a repair I can do so that I can go back to enjoying Brave browser?

Thank You for helping!
Paul

How can this issue be reproduced?
Don’t know how to reproduce it, other than by having my computer & using it.

Expected result:
No more blank pages. (Sadly, today I have to use Safari to post this, as the Community pages are loading blank or going blank after loading.)

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.29.77 Chromium 93.0.4577.63

Additional Information:
Mac OS version 10.11.6

You could try some basic steps that often help resolve issues.

• Clear your browsing data:
  1. Open brave://settings/clearBrowserData.
  2. Click on Advanced.
  3. Change Time rangeAll time.
  4. Select Cookies and other site data, Cached images and files, Site and Shields Settings.
  • Clear host cache, close idle sockets, and flush socket pools:
  1. Open brave://net-internals/.
  2. Click on DNSClear host cache.
  3. Click on Sockets.
  4. Close idle socketsFlush socket pools.

After you complete my suggestions, restart Brave and check whether there is a positive effect.

Thank You Rethanis for taking time to reply & for offering solutions. Your step-by-step details were very helpful, as I get lost easily!

Clearing the host cache, closing idle sockets and flushing socket pools has helped a lot. Now, instead of most pages loading blank only a few load blank. Ironically, since following your steps, the only blank pages I’ve gotten are Brave pages. (Such as this user group.) A re-load has solved the blank on those pages.

Thank You Again & Please Enjoy Today!
Paul

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.