Pages and tabs stop navigating when I switch between tabs

Over the last three/four weeks I have been experiencing tabs that will stop navigating when I switch to another tab. It started in Chrome, then migrated it’s way into Edge and then to BRAVE.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->**

Initially I thought it was a Chrome upgrade and reverted to an older installation, only to be met with the same stoppage. So I avoided using Chrome and stuck to Edge and BRAVE.
A few days later, Edge started doing the exact same thing, when I switched between tabs and then to BRAVE.
The day after that I was exclusively running only BRAVE and that is when BRAVE stop navigating pages when I switched between tabs,
I have tried running more than one page in separate browsers only with the same result.
Thinking this may be some type of virus, I ran PCMatic, MALwarebytes, CCleaner and each of the Browsers’ internal clean mode.
Again thinking this may be a Windows problem, I wiped my hard drive with a total install of Windows 10. Initially it appeared to rectify the problem, but with an hour I was again having tabs and browsers stop navigating when I switched between them.

I would like to be able to browse and game at the same time.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-0NSSTB1
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Inspiron 3670
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 0868
Processor Intel® Core™ i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.5.9, 10/9/2018
BIOS Mode UEFI
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = “10.0.19041.488”
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.83 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.63 GB
Total Virtual Memory 10.6 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2.89 GB
Page File Space 2.80 GB

Appreciate any suggestions

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.