P3a.brave.com not resolved by DNS

Description of the issue:
When I enable Allow privacy-preserving product analytics (P3A) in Settings, the Brave browser starts sending out little pings to p3a.brave.com but that does not resolve to anything so it gets blocked by DNS Filtering in my firewall/router combo. Not a big deal but if I am streaming music it drops the connection for a while. If I disable P3A then there are no disconnects.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Enable P3A in Settings–>Privacy and Security
Start streaming YouTube music. When it disconnects look at your outbound data logs
You will see the disconnect corresponds with Brave sending packets to p3a.brave.com

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
nslookup image attached

Expected result:
p3a.brave.com should resolve to a numeric IP address so it can pass the DNS filter

Reproduces how often:
When P3A is enabled

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

“Zorin OS 16.1”
Brave Version 1.37.109

Additional Information:


nslookup domain not found

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.