Option to have the "Edit Bookmark" button actually edit the bookmark instead of just removing it

I know that some people expect pressing the bookmark button to immediately remove the bookmark instead of going to an edit screen, but this becomes highly annoying when it comes time to edit a bookmark. Instead of being able to do it from the webpage, I have to navigate to a bookmark in the menu in order to edit it without deleting and re-adding it. It’s also irritating when I accidentally press the bookmark button, because it immediately deletes with no failsafe.

I obviously don’t think my preference should be forced on everyone, but I would appreciate an option to change this in the settings menu, or at the very least, a flag which would allow me to revert to normal bookmark behavior.

And for anyone wondering, this is the “Edit Bookmark” screen I’m referring to. This screenshot was taken from Google Chrome on Android:

Bumping in case no one saw this

1 Like

It could be a game changer for me.
The behaviour should be exactly be the same as in chrome application for bookmark.

1 Like

Same here. I’ve made the full switch to Chrome with AdGuard for the time being. There should, at the very least, be an option or flag to change it back.

Yeah, this is a big problem for me. It is really a hassle to spend the time setting up a bookmark, and then just need to change one thing but have to go through the tedious process of searching for it on a separate page.

Honestly it just doesn’t make much sense to me. Just about every other browser works the opposite way. Including the desktop version of Brave itself! And I can’t see this as anything other than a net inconvenience. If the bookmark button brought up the edit page you could easily delete your bookmark from that page anyways, taking only two clicks. While searching for your bookmark to edit it is pretty much always going to take many more clicks. Accidentally deleting a bookmark and needing to re-name and locate it will also take many more clicks.

Even if you wanted to delete a lot of bookmarks quickly, it would be much faster to delete them from the bookmark menu in bulk anyways, so this is pretty useless for that.

Really this is only really useful for people who are constantly accidentally bookmarking things. But realistically people are going to be intentionally wanting to press that button way more often then they press it unintentionally. And for anyone who wasn’t using bookmarks much and thus rarely presses it intentionally, this isn’t even a big difference for them since they could get rid of bookmarks very quickly before anyways. This really seems like it just makes bookmarks less useful for anyone actually trying to use them with little benefit to those who don’t.

At least if a edit bookmark button appeared in the menu there would still be some level of convenience here, but as is, it is pretty much just a hassle with little to no purpose

1 Like

How about that:
Click to “Add/Remove bookmark”
Long press to “edit bookmark”