Optimize Browser Memory Consumption

Brave browser, Slimjet and Chrome 64-Bit versions according to the high memory consumption. Please optimize memory consumption on browser and new tab page.

Slimjet offers an automatic memory cleaning setting. I would appreciate it if you offer a similar setting. For example, when you open the extension settings, extension memory consumption is very high. This memory is not cleared until the scanner is turned off and then on again. [Google Translate]

**Brave version : 1.0.1 Chromium: 78.0.3904.108 (Resmi Derleme) (64 bit) SĂĽrĂĽmĂĽ

3 Likes

Hi, I have found that the setting image “Continue running background apps when Brave is closed” is the culprit.
When you disable it, you will notice memory consumption is a lot lower.

1 Like

Already that setting, all the Chromium browsers I tested were also turned off. The memory consumption is when the setting is off. The first thing I do when I install the browser is to make detailed settings.

So the high memory consumption is independent of the setting. Of the Chromium browsers, I would say the most memory consuming browser. Mozilla is the worst system resource consuming browser I’ve ever seen, and they still can’t solve this problem.

1 Like

Just to clarify (side note; not from RAM perspective), that feature in bold is used to deliver site notifications. (ie new email from Gmail, new msg from Messenger websites etc.)

Glad it helps w/ memory use, but I recently searched for its actual purpose and - site notifications* were it’s primarily. If you don’t need that, sure, off-it. It’s enabled by default.