Opening links in external application

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Brave won’t open links in external apps (youtube, reddit, facebook,…):

I disabled video playback in brave, enabled external links to open in brave, cleared cache, disabled and enabled all permissions but I still cannot open links in external apps. Even on youtube in brave, if i press on open in app it doesn’t work. It works in chrome.

**Links should open in designated app. **

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave 1.57.53, Chromium 116.0.5845.114

Mobile Device details
Galaxy S23 Ultra
Android 13; Build/TP1A.220624.014

Solution: a recent Brave update added a new Brave Shields and Privacy setting called “Allow app links to open in apps outside of Brave”. Foolishly, the developers decided to have this new setting default to “Off”, which effectively disables Brave’s ability to open external app links.

Just find this setting and turn it On, and you should be good to go.

2 Likes

I tried when disabled and enabled and it is not working in either configuration.

Edit: My bad. I was looking at the wrong setting, translation is a bit weird. It worls now, thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.