I don’t have a screenshot now but I will try to get one when it happens again.
MAC 10.13.2 - Brave Version 0.20.29
OS Release: 17.3.0
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: macOS
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
- I have come across many moments where tabs just “die” and do not load, making all future tabs unresponsive.
- This can happen on both fully loaded tabs aswell as tabs in the midst of being loaded (or that have frequent refreshes such as webapps/youtube etc).
- Existing tabs still work but I can no longer open links into new tabs or drag them out of the browser
- By closing the browser (often having to completely quit the Brave application) and restarting it, only then is browsing back to normal
- Another observation is that the tab may die but the audio/video is still playing in the background so I can essentially hear audio but cannot see what it’s coming from (happens on youtube, random article-based websites such as medium/reddit etc)
How it happens
A) I just mousewheel click, or right-click and open a new tab - suddenly the tab has no title nor loading icon and just crashes.
B) This also happens very frequently when I drag an already open tab into it’s own seperate window (currently my number one cause: see below)
- Open Brave
- Load Youtube (can also have loaded other tabs prior to this, happens on 1st as well as 3rd/4th loaded tab)
- Drag out Youtube tab as I am trying to have 2 Brave windows side by side
– It can sometimes crash here –
- On my subscriptions, mousewheel click many videos to line-up couple things I will watch or hear during the day at work$
– Here is when the majority crashes happen –