Opening Excel spreadsheet received via email, through Brave

When I receive an Excel spreadsheet via email and want to open it through my Brave browser, Brave wants to save it, instead of opening it. How do I fix it?

Hello, @Gervil777.

Are you viewing your e-mail message in Brave?

If you mean actually having Brave display the Excel spreadsheet, natively I don’t think it can, but it can open the file using an online service like Google Sheets or Office Online or it can open the file automatically in Excel/LibreOffice/OpenOffice.

To have Brave automatically open the file in Excel or a compatible application, then following the instructions at the site below should do the trick (I just tried it and it worked). Yes, it’s Chrome-oriented, but it works with Brave if you overlook the cosmetic differences.

If you’re trying to open the file in Google Sheets in Brave (or Office Online or some other web-based software), you might try the Sheets or corresponding extension (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sheets/felcaaldnbdncclmgdcncolpebgiejap), but if you go to the service it may offer to be your default file handler (probably showing up in brave://settings/handlers once selected).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.