Open .tif file instead of saving as download

New to Brave
Like it so far but have this issue…
When i try to open a .tif file from a website, it takes me to a download screen and asks me to save to a location.
It will not open similar to a PDF.
Is there a way to open the .tif without downloading first?

Currently it doesn’t support viewing .TIFF file on browser. This is the same behaviour on all browsers. It always prompts to download the file instead of viewing it.

Thanks for the response.I will disagree with you however. I currently open .tif files directly from a site on a regular basis with Chrome and with IExplorer and Edge I am prompted to save OR open.
In my job I pull public data from State data sites to view, print, etc. sometime hundreds in a day.Having to first save and then go to open a .tif file has considerably slowed the amount of data I can process when using Brave.
So far I like Brave but I guess I will have to use a different browser when working these sites.

I currently open .tif files directly from a site on a regular basis with Chrome and with IExplorer and Edge I am prompted to save OR open.

When you click open does the file open within the browser or prompts to open an image editor linked app?

Do you mind sharing a link which has embedded tiff file or that can open on a site?

To answer your questionIt appears that IE & Edge is the only ons which asks to open or save.Chrome automatically downloads then requires click to open at the bottom.
As far as sending you a link to tryWe can try this.The ones I use mostly are behind a pay wall with a password but try this…
https://isgs-oas.isgs.illinois.edu/reports/rwservlet?oilsummary&121932873000

This should take you to a PDF with “blue” hyperlinks if you scroll down.Select the GET FILE - Induction Electric LogIt will take you to a “agree” screen - just scroll down and click "agree"
This is a sample of the .tif files I use daily.
I hope the link will get you to where I think it will.Thanks for your help.

Thanks @Dante7. I see what option you are looking for. There is an issue logged for adding option to allow to open the file without saving. You can track the issue here

Thanks a lot!

sriram
January 18 |

Thanks @Dante7. I see what option you are looking for. There is an issue logged for adding option to allow to open the file without saving. You can track the issue here

github.com/brave/browser-laptop
Issue: Feature request: Open downloaded file without saving
opened by Superbest on 2016-05-26 Currently, if the user clicks on a file link, Brave downloads and saves the file to the disk.
Often a user may… feature/download suggestion
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.