Open new tab when leaving a pinned website

Hi. I used the Safari browser before. And I think this is a good feature. Open new tab when leaving a pinned website. Because I want my pinned website to stay the same.

Currently if you pin a tab it remains pinned across sessions and is retained even if you close all other tabs. Is this what you are expecting? Could you provide more information if this is not what you expect?

When I’m browsing a pinned website and I click on a link, it would be nice, if the clicked link opens in a new tab regardless of the destination (same site or another). A klick on a link should always open a new tab, when I’m browsing a pinned website. This is what Safari is doing.

Hi @FreeArt

So if I’m understanding correctly, this is the scenario you would like to see:
You have a pinned tab with a site (such as a news site like cnn.com)
When you click on an article on the pinned tab, you would like the article to open in a new (unpinned) tab.
Your original pinned tab retains the cnn.com home page.

For reference, this is what happens currently:
You have a pinned tab with a site (such as a news site like cnn.com)
When you click on an article on the pinned tab, the article opens in the pinned tab.
(also note, this is current functionality on Chrome).

Could you tell me what version of Safari you are seeing your desired outcome on? I’m not reproducing your preferred outcome.

Thanks,
Lauren

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.